The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested two brothers and 13 others over their alleged involvement in internet-related fraud. The arrested suspects who are between the ages of 16 and 48 years were identified as Olanrewaju Olatunji, Femi Olatunji, Abiodun Ojo, Lawal Ahmed, Adedeji Olatunbosun, Adeniyi Ramon, Oladipupo Oluwatobilola, Ayomide […]
I was in a church in Lagos, Nigeria some weeks ago when an announcement was made for all the spinsters to come out for a special prayer. The front of the altar was filled with lots of girls between 25 and 35 years with more of them within the age of 28. Someone then asked when the bachelors will get their own share of the prayers. The answer given was surprising “The bachelors only need prayers to make money. With their money, the right woman will come to them”.
Is money the basis of getting the right person to marry? A lot of relationships have gone wrong and most of the marriages are in bondage because of wrong decisions which have attracted the wrong set of people different from what was the initial intention.
Two days ago I gave a lecture to some young adults in the church and the kind of questions being asked showed that they were having some serious issues. One of the questions was “How do I attract a soul mate?”
Marriage has become a sacred thing in Nigeria that if you are not in a man’s house, you are seen as someone who has been damned to doom. There is so much pressure from the family, the society and the individuals themselves. Due to these pressures, a lot of women and their male counterparts have entered into relationships that have resulted in their doom. They have imprisoned themselves in the dungeons of emotional trauma, physical abuse, unhappiness etc.
The first rule to getting a soul mate is to release yourself from the “PRESSURE” of finding one. A soul mate is a complement. You need someone to compliment you and not to complete you. Absolving yourself from this pressure demonstrates that you have faith in yourself and God. God will always do his own part but what about your own part?
The first thing you need to do is to understand who you are and be yourself. A lot of people do not even know what they want. The more you open yourself by understanding your principles, beliefs and values the more you will attract the right person. A lot of us usually settle for what we are told “we should want” and not what “we really want”.
The second thing is to become a whole person and be soul led. A person that lives from a place of wholeness will also attract someone who is whole. Don’t focus only on the outer package but soul qualities which are genuine characteristics. Good attitudes attract nice people towards you.
The last thing is to live a life of purpose and meaning. A life of purpose and meaning makes you become a magnet of light and it is the light that attracts happy people to you. Don’t live a pitiful life and cremate all thoughts of broken relationships. Ignore every pressure from family and society forcing you to get into a relationship with any dick and harry. A lot of us believe that people are saying things about us but the truth is that 80% of these people are too busy with their lives that they don’t even care about others while the remaining 20% are just jobless.
As a bonus tip, get involved in activities that you love and do. Go to places of interest. Don’t sit or hide indoors. Be around those who can add value to your life and move with positive–minded people. Greet people with a smile. Avoid triangular lifestyle and stop seeing everything concerning your life as spiritual attacks. Learn to love and appreciate yourself.