Lawyers for the family of murdered Burkinabé revolutionary Thomas Sankara say they will push for the extradition of former president Blaise Compaoré. Source Source link Related posts: Cameroon: “We cannot establish a dialogue in a country at war” Nigeria and South Africa patch things up, […]
Below is a statement from the Nigerian Army made available to PoliticsNGR;
1. The Nigerian Army (NA) has noted with dismay, the rantings of one Timi Frank on Daily Post online publication of 4 December 2018, where he alleged that the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo and the COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai were responsible for Deji Adeyanju’s re-arrest by the Nigerian Police Force(NPF). This is obviously one of the series of smear campaigns that have been directed at the NA and particularly the person of the COAS by misinformed and ill meaning Nigerians.
2. An audacious fib of this magnitude must have either been borne out of willful intent to forment trouble or of a malicious intent to malign the person of the COAS. Otherwise, any reasonably informed Nigerian need not dig too deep to ascertain the true reasons for Deji Adeyanju’s arrest by the NPF. Besides, the NPF has the rights and powers to take up such responsibilities of fighting cyber related offences and issues relating to inciting disturburances in the country.
3. Having noted the foregoing, it would suffice to add that the NA is not ignorant of all the recent false information concerning NA Operations been peddled by @adeyanjudeji on twitter as well as abusive and libelous outbursts of the same handle on the person of the COAS. To this end, the NA is already in consultation with its advocates for appropriate legal actions to be taken in accordance to the rule of law.
4. Furthermore, the NA wishes to dissociate itself from the current self-induced predicament of Deji Adeyanju in the hands of the NPF, which is being sensationalized by his promoters. Such sponsors of Deji Adeyanju are advised to keep the NA and its leadership out of their self-seeking, cheap popularity on social media.
5. Finally, the NA wishes to once again utilize this opportunity to appreciate the goodwill and support of well-meaning Nigerians. The NA will continue to remain dedicated in carrying out its constitutional roles, despite any form of smear campaign by detractors. You are to please note and disseminate same through your various media channels.”